Viking/Beaver Family and Community Support Services has a limited amount of funding available to community groups wishing to purse projects that are preventative in nature, promote the development of stronger communities and citizen participation.
In order for projects to be eligible for FCSS funding, they must meet the FCSS service requirements as put forth in the FCSS Act:
- Be of a preventative nature that enhances the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity
- Do one or more of the following:
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis;
- Help people to develop an awareness of social needs;
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people;
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them;
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
Program funding must not be used for:
- Providing primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals;
- Direct financial assistance to sustain an individual or family;
- Programs that are rehabilitative in nature;
- Duplication of services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
Please contact us at 780 336-4024 for further information, application and evaluation forms or you may download the following: